Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chicago Gourmet

So last weekend I volunteered to work the Chicago Gourmet show and all I can say is I am sooo glad I did. First off it was an amazing event. I did not really know what to expect going into it but I was blown away by all the different food/beverage companies and restaurants that were represented. Secondly I got to work with some amazing chefs.
First being Stephan and Nicole Outrequin Quaisser, husband and wife owners of LM Restaurant. They were such nice people they offered me a free dinner for two at their restaurant. I know me and John are going to take advantage of that very soon.
http://lmrestaurant.com/home.html
Next I worked with a bunch of different people from EPIC restaurant. Also amazing people and their food was amazing. I ended up getting their business cards, an offer to stage if I'd like, and a bunch of their left over food. Soo yummy =)
http://www.epicrestaurantchicago.com/index.html
And lastly with the Executive Chef of Red Light Chef Jackie Shen. She was so sweet and funny but such a hard worker. She had me and Erica plating so quickly while saying "Chip Chip Chip" "Plate Plate Plate" and just making it an overall fun experience. Her food was amazing and can not wait to visit her restaurant.
http://www.redlight-chicago.com/
And last but not least, I finally got to meet JeanMarie Brownson, culinary director of Frontera Foods. She is a close friend of a close family friend (everyone knows someone right?) and I've been in contact with her for some time now. But the best part is!! (I'm so scared to say it because I feel like it's too good to be true and something will go wrong but...) She offered me an internship with Frontera Grill & Frontera Foods!! I am so excited =) I sent her my resume and we're still working out the logistics of it all but AAAHH! I feel like this is an opportunity of a lifetime and I can not wait to start in January!
So pretty much this experience has given me a huge boost of confidence. Sounds silly but I was nervous to work it because I'm so new to all of this but I had a blast! I'm defiantly going to be volunteering at many more events. =)

P.S. Passed Block I with flying colors!! Actually my overall grades for this quarter have been some of my best in a long time. Looks like I've finally found my calling =)

~*Pictures*~





1 comment:

Nikki said...

Eeeeee :) This is so exciting! I am so going with you next year.