Friday, September 17, 2010

Quick post in between classes

So finals week is officially over! Woooo! But I can't get too excited since I still have two next week =/
Monday - Cul 117 written and practical final (making mayo, french omletes, canapes, salad making, plate presentation...)
Tuesday- BLOCK I FINAL!! Bum Bum Bum!! The Big one!! So it consistes of 200 questions about everything I've learned in the past 10 weeks, and a 1 1/2 practical final testing us on everything from knife cuts, cooking methods, sauces, frabication...etc. So I have a feeling my weekend is going consist of a lot of review and hopefully some fabrication/knife cuts. Should go out and buy a bag of spuds and a few whole chickens/fish.
But wish me luck! The finals today seemed to go well even though I was so nervous during my Food Network pitch. I don't wanna be on TV! Why do you think I'm in culinary school?! I want to be back of the house, out of the public's eye haha. Oh well I offered to be the 1st one so I was super nervous and didn't talk about 1/2 the stuff I wanted to but it's in the past, not much I can do now. =)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Excellent. The old high school strategy worked. First one up, first one done.