Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The ramblings of a discouraged student...

I'm not sure if it is just the kind of day I'm having or if I'm actually having some sort of awakening, but I'm thinking garde manger is not my thing. I know I can't be good at everything (it honestly doesn't really surprise me since I'm not that artistic), but it gets frustrating when it feels like other people are excelling in an area I'm not. The next two days are being devoted to finger sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres, canapes, etc...and although I'm not completely hopeless, it's not my strong suit. I feel like I'm not creative enough to figure out how to garnish a ham mousse. I took some pics of our final products so enjoy. I'm really hoping tomorrow is a different story...
One of my canapes
(Cucumber wedge, Dill cream cheese, lemon zest and dill garnish)

Far away view




Ham and cream cheese mouse garnished with a pickle
All of our final products
Another platter

No comments: